THE PROOF IS IN THE PEOPLE
USFS COMPANIES: SUPPORTING INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUP PROJECTS SAFELY, ON-TIME AND ON-BUDGET
Headquartered in Longview, Texas, and with additional locations serving San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth and East Texas, USFS Companies is a recognized leader in the provision of industrial and renewable energy construction and environmental cleaning services.
USFS was founded and is managed by a highly skilled, hands-on management team with over 30 years’ experience in working with federal and state government agencies, engineering and consulting firms, petrochemical and industrial facilities, and railroads. The company’s seasoned environmental and construction professionals are trained in the latest industry best practices to ensure safety and superior customer service. USFS’ behavior-based safety programs meet the requirements of oil and gas providers and industrial/manufacturing facilities. The company maintains a NORM license for decontamination and remediation in the States of Texas and Louisiana, with reciprocity in multiple other states.
The company partners with construction companies, metal fabricators and operators throughout the United States to provide as much or as little support as is needed. Services include site road building, trenching, drayage, environmental cleanup, soil remediation, tank cleaning, hydroblasting, demolition and more. The company’s state-of-the art metal fabrication and coatings facility supports larger fabricators when additional resources are needed to complete a project on time and on budget. The company’s transportation services division further helps simplify operations by providing a variety of hauling capabilities including heavy load, long haul and flatbed trucking across the country.
USFS has a significant bonding capacity with sureties available for immediate review and issuance of bid, performance and payment bonds. Our delivery of excellent customer service focused on safety, responsiveness, compliance and budget management has enabled USFS to thrive and establish long term industrial relationships.
BARRY STEM . CEO
- Responsible for all facets of Safety, Operations and fiscal responsibilities.
- 35 years of experience in the Environmental Industry and maintains a Registered Environmental Manager credential.
- Projects completed include EPA and State(s) Superfund projects, Remediation and Demolition of hazardous contamination, emergency response (train derailments, plant explosions, hazardous chemical releases and spills) and Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility management.
JEFF ROGERS . VP OPERATIONS
- Responsible for all USFS Companies Operations , Efficiently and Planning, and Business Development
- Operations and Business Development Specialist with 20 years’ experience in the Civil Construction, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, and International Manufacturing Industries.
- Experienced leader with a proven track record of wining large scale Government and Civilian contracts. Including MATOC’s in the Republic of Georgia, Africa, And Nepal, Large Scale Solar project in south Texas and a housing project for the Jemez Pueblo in New Mexico
TANNER WEST . VP FINANCE
- Responsible for Financial, Administration and Human Resources for all USFS entities.
- Experienced in Financial Management, acquisitions, mergers and transportation analysis.
- Masters in Finance, University of Texas, Arlington
USFS Companies Health, Safety and Environmental Program
USFS Companies maintains a full-time Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to ensure that personnel and the services provided remain compliant with all applicable state and federal regulations. Barry Stem, USFS Companies President/CEO has mandated for all USFS personnel, clients and subcontractors that “there will be no shortcuts”. He has empowered every individual with “STOP WORK AUTHORITY” at all times; providing every individual with the authority to stop a project at any time if a situation arises that causes them to pause. Once a “STOP WORK” statement has been put into place, the project will be shutdown, crews will regroup to discuss concerns, and as needed, additional resources will be brought forth to confer with and implement engineering, administrative or other controls.
Everyday all projects start with a “Job Risk Analysis” (JRA) that identifies task(s) associated hazards and the steps needed to mitigate those risks and provide for safe job performance. Anytime the job scope changes, and additional hazards are identified, the JRA will be revisited and edited as a group to account for hazard mitigation.
All USFS personnel go through a series of formal training sessions to provide the skills and educational knowledge necessary to work in and with hazardous chemicals and processes that are normally encountered in industrial workplaces. Additionally, personnel are trained in the use of specific instrumentation that monitors atmospheric conditions, chemical toxicity and levels. These tasks are documented by the technician conducting the test(s) and relayed to the entire crew(s) and the level of personal protection needed to adequately protect the individuals.
USFS PERSONNEL HAVE THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATES ATTESTING TO THEIR LEVEL OF TRAINING AND COMMITMENT
USFS personnel do not operate alone at any time. There is always a minimum of two individuals on a location to provide a safe and productive work site.
- Registered Environmental Manager #12523
- Radiation Safety Officer
- Incident Commander
- 40 HOUR HAZWOPER
- Confined Space Entry / Rescue
- First Aid / CPR
- NORM Worker & surveyor
- DOT certifications and licenses
- Hydroblasting certificate
- Vacuum Truck / Air Mover operations
- Asbestos Inspector
PERSONNEL INCLUDE SEASONED ENVIRONMENTAL, EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND INDUSTRIAL SERVICE PROFESSIONALS
- Incident Commanders
- Project Managers
- Project Supervisors
- Equipment Operators
- Field Administration
- Breathing Air Trailers
- Emergency Response trailers
- Fleet of Semi’s
- Flatbed trailers
- 130 bbl vacuum trailers
- 70 bbl vacuum trailers
- Air mover vacuum trucks
- Roll off trucks
- Roll off containers
- Vacuum box containers
- Service Trucks
- Air compressors
- 320 / 323 series excavators
- D5 series bulldozers
- Backhoes 4×4
- Forklifts off Road extending style
- Pressure washers hot/cold
- Hydroblaster 20K psi
- Confined space equipment
- Air monitoring instrumentation
- Ludlum Model 3 with Gamma / Alpha/ Beta Scintillation / Probes
INSURANCE(S) AND BOND CAPACITY
USFS Companies are fully insured and bonded in order to meet your project requirements.
To learn more about how USFS can help you today or in the future, contact us at